Friday, August 21, 2009

The UN Uncrustable

Well with the return of school fast approaching "YEAH" and in some places school already in session I decided to make of the kids and my favorite quick fixes. The kids love those Smuckers Uncrustables. I made these before on the Flops but thought I would show ya again..cause it's so darn complicated. Now this is real rocket science here...I will go slooowwwwww. Spread peanut butter and jelly or honey on two pieces of bread.. ya still with me? Then take a large cup and squish it on the edges. I tried a cookie cutter and it didn't seal it good enough. If ya get some peanut butter on the edges it makes like a bread glue.. yummm huh?
Sometimes I score the edge with a knife to make it a little cleaner looking. And there ya have it.. uncrustables in about 2.5 minutes at a fraction of the cost..
Store in a freezer bag in the freezer til ready to eat. They thaw in just a few minutes. Here I have a real uncrustable and mine are bigger.. Bigger is better, isn't that what they say?
Now sure you could label them with cute little tags but I didn't for this pictures. Sometimes if I am feeling really spiffy I mix some protein powder and fiber in with the peanut butter to give the kiddos an extra boost.
Thanks for visiting and next time the kids need a snack throw them a UN uncrustable.
Stay tuned for a little strawberry thing and shrimp scampi.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

what a neat idea! it's good to know that you can do that (thaw it out and still be good). thanks for the tip!

http://sunnyfood.blogspot.com